Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Million Dollar Sorry




It is not often that you encounter apologies or confessions from people in power. But, there is someone who doesn't adhere to this rule. Guess who ~~ Barack Obama.
"I think I screwed up. I take responsibility for it and we're going to make sure we fix it so it doesn't happen again," Obama told CNN in an interview. In a setback to his two-week old administration, Tom Daschle and Nancy Killefer withdrew respectively from their nominated posts of Secretary of Health and Human Services and White House's Chief Performance Officer -- both facing tax related issues primarily having failed to paid their taxes.

As if this weren't enough humbleness, the US president went on to add and i quote :
"What became clear to me is that we can't send a message to the American people that we've got two sets of rules: one for prominent people and one for ordinary people. So I consider this a mistake on my part and one that I intend to fix and correct and make sure that we're not screwing up again,"

In a world where apologies are improperly made even after 14 years(intended to refer to Kalyan Singh's "apology" about the Babri Demolition), ProBlog4u salutes the spirit of the American President and hope other politicians take a lesson or two from him.

0 Comments: